During Costruction Services
During Costruction Services
During the construction process, using approved drawings and specifications BARBINI offers the following services and is part of the agreement with Owner:
A: Tendering or Pricing Process:
- BARBINI will provide a tendering or pricing process using the Permit Drawings and or Interior Design Drawings and Specifications as agreed to by Owner whereby the BARBINI will acquire estimates from Subcontractors and or Suppliers on all Work.
- All estimates will be reviewed with the Owner in order to award the said Work to a specific subcontractor or suppliers.
- The Owner has the ultimate decision as to who is awarded the purchase orders/contracts.
- The Owner will sign off on each estimate.
B: Purchase Orders/Contracts:
- BARBINI will provide purchase orders/contracts to all Subcontractors, Suppliers and Consultants based on approved estimates.
- Where any Consultant is working on an hourly basis, there will be a General Agreement or Estimate provided and approved by the Owner.
- BARBINI will be responsible for administration of all purchase orders/contracts.
- BARBINI will ensure that all work on site be in accordance to approved drawings and specifications related to approved estimates.
C: Payment Process:
- BARBINI will administer all payments to Subcontractors, Suppliers using the following process.
- BARBINI will receive all Subcontractor and Supplier invoices, and review in conjunction with purchase order/contract. [Signed off by Project Manager]
- BARBINI will check invoices from Subcontractors that they reflect Work in place at the Place of Work. [Signed off by site supervisor]
- BARBINI will check invoices from Suppliers [signed off by Project Manager and or Site Supervisor]
- BARBINI will provide invoice from Project Manager reflecting the Net Cost of all approved Subcontractors, Suppliers and Consultant invoices.
- The Owner to make payment for the invoices from Project Manager within 5 working days of presentation.
- BARBINI will pay all Subcontractor and Supplier invoices upon payment from the Owner.
- All Product and Labour Warranties will be acquired by BARBINI and be passed on to the Owner.
- BARBINI includes a one-year service warranty to deal with any service issues.
E: Labour provided by BARBINI:
BARBINIwill supply labour as required for the work.
This will be in the following areas:
2.1: Preparation of house or site for construction.
2.6: Site Servicing and cleaning.
2.7: Site Safety and Hoarding.
6.1: Carpentry work as approved.
6.3: General Labour.
: Pickup and delivery of products and materials when required.
F: Materials purchased by BARBINI:
- BARBINI will purchase for the Project materials or product as approved by Owner.
- BARBINI will arrange, administer, and oversee all architectural and engineering services that may be required during construction.
H: Permit Approvals
- BARBINI will arrange, administer, and oversee any permits and City approvals that may be required during construction. All per construction permits will be acquired by Owner or Architect.
I: Utilities and Municipal Services
- BARBINI will arrange, administer, and oversee any Utilities and Municipal Services that are required for the project.
J: Design and Consulting Services:
BARBINIis providing all consulting and interior design work related to the project.
This will include and not limited to
: Design coordination with consultants and contractors throughout the project
: Meetings, supplier sourcing and outings, and client approvals
: Architectural detailing for walls and ceilings, crown moulding
: Lighting design and specifications
: Door and millwork trim package
: Finishes and products specifications including countertops, stone or porcelain tile, plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, flooring
: Designs for washroom stonework and glasswork
: Cabinetry and built-ins
: Paint colour selections and specialty wall finishes.
[Note: does not include furniture and wall treatment selections]
K: Drawings for Project:
- BARBINI will provide all drawings for the Project
Including but not limited to
: selected elevations, reflective ceiling plan, all cabinetry in built-in drawings, floor finish allocations
L: Site Supervision Services:
- BARBINI will provide at the Owner's cost a Site Supervisor who will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Construction.
Supervisor will interface with all building inspectors and will deal with acquiring all necessary City building inspection approvals for the Work.
M: Project Management Services:
- BARBINI will provide Construction Management and will include acting as the Owner's representative in all Construction and issues related to the Project.
- BARBINI shall effectively direct and supervise the Work so as to ensure conformity with the Contract Documents.
- BARBINI will keep the Owner informed of the progress of the Work.
- BARBINI will provide to the Owner an up-to-date schedule of construction with biweekly revisions.
Leaders In Green Building
The Green Building initiative is clearly an idea whose time has come. Purchasers are demanding better quality sytems in their homes and the most prestigious mechanical, electrical and heat systems are all being developed to also meet the new green or environmentally conscious standards. The building industry is responding with superior products and new building protocols that mitigate the higher costs of energy, the threat of water shortages and the effect of greenhouse gases on the environment.
We are a group of professionals committed to making your project a success.
We pride ourselves on having a well-rounded team who is experienced in every phase of your project.
Our Latest Accolades
We are delighted and honoured to have our achievements recognized by these respected publications.
"In the HGTV 'home porn' era, how much of the responsibility of teaching home owners what’s truly important in their projects falls to builders?"
An architectural backstory at the heart of a glorious Kensington Market renovation.
Every detail of design and function was carefully considered and the result is a home that is a pleasure to live in everyday.
We just finished the project and have recently moved in and we can honestly say that we enjoyed the process from beginning to end.
Mary Lee Keefe & Guy Manuel
The layout of the rooms, the classic yet clean styling, the top-of-the-line materials, and the attention to detail were all immediately apparent the first time we saw this home.
Your attention to a very elegant detailed design and quality throughout has put it in the forefront of new construction in Toronto.
His design truly anticipated our needs and the way we wanted to live in each of our homes.